Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Brodie Gardiner With Merriam's Turkey


We just returned from hunting turkeys with Scott Croner and the Nebraska Hunting Company and had an excellent hunt. We shot our limit in a day and a half and could of shot all our birds opening day but took our time. Scott bent over backwards to put us on the birds his also very knowledgeable hunter who knows how to call, when to move on birds, when to stay and call for them. The first bird I took he called in 10 toms and 3 jakes all within 30 yards I have never experienced that many birds gobbling coming through the timber. This was our second year hunting with Scott and we'll be back next year we have been to both Kansas and Oklahoma and there is no one that compares to Scott. He let us go on our own in the morning told us where the birds were roosting and always had lot of gobblers close to where he told us to hunt. Uncle bucks lodge is like staying with family made you feel at home. The food is very good and lots of room to spread everthing out in your room. I have never seen so many toms in 2 days as here at least 100 plus.n When harvesting my birds I always had a choice which one to take. The only bad thing I can say about this place is I have to go back home where if I hear 3 or more birds at first light I think wow haven't even seen anything on television that come close to what Scott showed us he is and excellent outfitter.

No comments: